Pillow Cover Sizing Guide
► ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE TAKEN ACROSS THE MIDDLE OF THE COVER (WHERE ARROWS POINT IN DIAGRAM ABOVE).
► PLEASE ORDER BY YOUR INSERT SIZE.
► For example: If you are using a 18x18 insert, order "Fits 18x18 insert" and we will make your pillow cover to fit appropriately.
► If you have an old cover that fits your insert well, measure your old cover and compare its dimensions to the size chart below to find the closest size. The size chart is designed for knife-edge inserts only (inserts without a gusset). Contact us if you require assistance.
|IF YOU SELECT THIS INSERT SIZE:||THE FINISHED COVER WILL MEASURE APPROX.
(at arrows, in inches):
|For Most Fabrics||For Heavyweight Fabrics Only|
|Fits 12x18 insert||11.5 x 17||11 x 17|
|Fits 12x20 insert||11.5 x 19||11 x 19|
|Fits 12x24 insert||11.5 x 23||11 x 22|
|Fits 14x18 insert||13.5 x 17||13x17|
|Fits 14x20 insert||13.5 x 19||13 x 19|
|Fits 14x26 insert||13 x 25||13 x 24|
|Fits 14x36 insert||13 x 35||13 x 34|
|Fits 16x16 insert||15.5 x 15.5||15.25 x 15.25|
|Fits 16x26 insert||15.5 x 25||15 x 24|
|Fits 18x18 insert||17 x 17||17 x 17|
|Fits 20x20 insert||19 x 19||18.5 x 18.5|
|Fits 22x22 insert||20.5 x 20.5||20 x 20|
|Fits 24x24 insert||22 x 22||21.5 x 21.5|
|Fits 26x26 insert||24 x 24||23 x 23|
|Fits 28x28 insert||26 x 26||25 x 25|
► Don't see your size listed above? Request a custom size.
► Finished cover sizes are made smaller to best fit based on the insert size and fabric weight. For further explanation, please see this FAQ.
► The posted measurements are taken at the interior midpoints with the cover inside out.
► All covers are made with tapered corners for a professional appearance (no droopy corners!), and are tested on good quality feather inserts before shipping.
► FOR MORE HELP: Please review our Frequently Asked Questions, where you can find answers to the following questions:
- My insert doesn't have a size tag. How do I measure it for best accuracy?
- Why do you size your covers by the insert size?
- Why are your pillow covers not perfectly square?
- Is it OK to reuse my old pillow as the insert inside a new cover?
- Why do you make the pillow cover smaller than the insert size?
► SIZING ADVICE:
- Our standard sizing assumes you are using a knife-edge insert with industry-standard filling (feather or polyfil) in good condition. Knife-edge inserts are sold by their length x width dimensions. Do not use inserts with a gusset, which will require a 6-sided boxed cover.
- ► TIP: Be careful choosing a size if your inserts are old, because the filling may be compressed far more than the shell dimensions will indicate. You may need to go down a size if your insert has an inadequate volume of filling. Or better yet, purchase new inserts! A great looking pillow starts from the inside. All of our pillows are photographed on good quality feather inserts.
- Cover dimensions are of the flat 2-dimensional cover. Once you fill it with an insert, some of the height and width of the flat cover will wrap around the curve of the 3-dimensional insert. This means that visually speaking, the 3-dimensional stuffed pillow will not translate inch for inch from the size of the 2-dimensional cover, but will look smaller. Therefore, err on the side of ordering a larger size if you are on the fence between two sizes.
- ► TIP: If you are not sure of what size to use on your furniture, buy the inserts first, and arrange them on your sofa. This way, you will know if they are in proportion, before you order your custom covers.
Below are links to photos of how each pillow insert looks on an average 2 seat or 3 seat sofa to help you visualize the relative sizes: